26 August, 2011

 

Spam, spam, spam, spam

I mean, swive me with a rusty tyre lever smeared in pork fat. It's bad enough getting spam text messages like this,

You have still not claimed the compensation you are due for the accident you had. To start the process please reply YES. To opt out text STOP

on your mobile, but when they start coming in on your mobile broadband dongle...

I'm almost tempted to respond. After all, the bastards are going to have an interesting time making the follow-up voice call, aren't they?

Hmm, perhaps not.

Comments:
Dogwash, respond to them it's fun. Besides they phone you.

I responded to a text message that said I was entitled to £3700 for a recent accident. So I responded. Some bloke phones me about 1/2 hour later, I keep him on the phone for about 20 mins asking about this accident that they claimed I'd had - feign memory loss - it's brilliant and frustrates the living daylights out of the twat on the other end of the phone.

 
Ah, Henry - still at it? We clashed on this a few years ago and you made some sort of comment about people working in call centres being stupid and beneath your dignity / unworthy of your consideration.

The "twat on the other end of the phone" is the poor sod on minimum wage or commission only who's reading off a script and trying to scrape some sort of living. Not the person you want to get at, really.

But I suppose if your emotional advancement is at the level of enjoying pulling the legs off spiders, then little anyone can say will stop you.

If you want to do it properly, it takes brains, Henry. Companies House / Registers / Directors. Then phone them direct. Hope this helps; mind your knuckles on the gravel, now.

 
I've been getting this text too. But I was uninjured. No whiplash. They are inciting me to commit fraud!

 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?